Buying A Home
Thinking of buying a home? Think of Red Door.
Preparing to buy a home can be overwhelming. There are life changing decisions to be made, priorities to follow and deadlines to meet. The professionals at Red Door Real Estate are here to guide you through each step of the home buying process to ensure that everything goes smoothly, while keeping your interest first. Please feel free to browse our website for homebuying tips and buyers information to assist you in finding your new home. Let us know when you are ready to meet with one of our agents and begin looking at homes.
8 helpful tips to consider before and during your home search
If you are thinking about buying a home there a few things you should consider before searching for a property to buy. Being prepared and knowing what to look for in a home is vital to a successful home search. From prioritizing your needs/wants to getting your finances in order, here are a few tips to get you started on your home search:
1. Research before you look. Decide what features you most want in a home, what neighborhoods you prefer, and how much you'd be willing to spend each month for housing. Red Door Real Estate offers detailed Community Information including neighborhood and school reports.
2. Be realistic. It’s OK to be picky, but don’t be unrealistic with your expectations. There’s no such thing as a perfect home. Use your list of priorities as a guide to evaluate each property.
3. Get your finances in order. Review your credit report and be sure you have enough money to cover your down payment and closing costs. Then, talk to a lender and get prequalified for a mortgage. This will save you the heartache later of falling in love with a house you can’t afford.
4. Don’t ask too many people for opinions. It will drive you crazy. Select one or two people to turn to if you feel you need a second opinion, but be ready to make the final decision on your own.
5. Decide your moving timeline. When is your lease up? Are you allowed to sublet? How tight is the rental market in your area? All of these factors will help you determine when you should move. Red Door Real Estate offers a Home Buying Timeline to help you gauge the home buying process.
6. Think long term. Are you looking for a starter house with plans to move up in a few years, or do you hope to stay in this home for a longer period? This decision may dictate what type of home you’ll buy as well as the type of mortgage terms that will best suit you.
7. Insist on a home inspection. Make sure the inspector is reputable, licensed and insured. If possible, get a warranty from the seller to cover defects for one year. Click Here for additional Home Buyer Protections.
8. Get help from an experienced real estate agent. Hire a real estate professional who is experienced in your desired area and specializes in buyer representation. Contacting an agent that is directly listing a property can be misleading. Remember that their first duty is to the seller. A buyer’s representative at Red Door Real Estate will work for you, always putting your interest first. Choose an Agent Today.
Thinking of buying a home? Contact Us Today!